Forester Insurance - I never received beneficiary claim application in the mail or check!

Mar 27
review #480743 contact

My brother died and left a $10,000 life insurance policy to me, his sister.He had debts under my name and being a concerned and loving brother he paid for years on this policy.

He passed in Feb 15, 2014. I waited weeks to get the "alledged mailed claims application" I ended up calling the Canada office and they faxed it to me. I then mailed it USPS tracking no. incl.

and they received it two days after, its been now almost 10 days and I have not received the "alledged check" I am beginning to believe they are not mailing anything they say they do. I am not hopeful to get the check> I am willing and planning to fly to Toronto Canada and visit their offices daily if I have to until they hand me the replacement check. Not only Am I grieving my brother but I am going to lose my credit on account on Foresters not doing what they are supposed to do. I am unemployed and about to get my SS retirement benefits, I wish I had the money to pay the debts but even thou I WILL NOT LET FORESTERS GET AWAY WITH SCAMMING MY POOR DECEASED BROTHER!!!

THEY DO NOT KNOW WHO THEY ARE DEALING WITH.I AM WILLING TO GO THE DISTANCE TO DO WELL BY MY BROTHER AND TO MAKE THE PAY WHAT THEY HAVE TO.

65cb6d3
Had an experience with Forester Insurance?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
LINDA

Mar 28 Richardson, Texas

Number one why?In the first place did you have to notify the insurance company.This is the funeral homes responsiblity.I have had several deaths in the family and I not once had to notify the insurance company the funeral home of choice notified the insurance company in my behalf because they were handling all the final arraignments in preparation for the up coming funeral.All was needed was for the insurance company to ok the amount of the policy and Confirm that the policy was still in effect at the time of death.It does take time to recieve the face amount of the policy because the funeral home money comes off the top,In other words the funeral home is paid in full first and The remainded of what is left if any goes to the beneficiary.Also the opening and Closing of the grave is seperate from the actually funeral.The funeral home usually collects for the grave diggers and It is very expense.I can remember when a grave was dug for $250.00 now it can cost anywhere from $1,000-$1,500.00.Maybe you should have let the funeral home handle the insurance company because it is time consuming and It is not something you recieve over night.It took at least a month or more to recieve the money that was not used for the funeral.Are you positive that your brother kept his policy in effect?Because if he did not you will not recieve a red penny from the insurance company believe me when i state this fact.Also insurace companies do not pay for a person taking their own life.Hopefully this... Show more

0 0 Reply

×
You were reading a complaint about Forester Insurance.
Filing a new complaint about
×